Zucchini, Red Pepper, & Leek Frittata
- 3 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced
- Vegetable or olive oil spray
- 2 cups egg substitute, divided
- ½ tsp. dried thyme, divided
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, divided
- Steam or microwave the vegetables together until tender – each will cook at the same approximate rate. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a light coat of oil on a heavy ovenproof skillet. On medium heat, heat oil, and add half of the egg substitute. Sprinkle it with half the thyme and half the black pepper.
- Let it cook for a few seconds, until it begins to bubble, and then use a spatula to pull the sides in and spread the uncooked egg over the bottom of the pan, as if cooking an omelet. When this is nearly cooked, add steamed vegetables to pan.
- Evenly pour in the remaining half of the egg substitute, and sprinkle on the remaining thyme and black pepper.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until egg is firm. Serve.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0