Zanzibar Egg Curry
- 9 eggs
- 4 medium red onions, roughly chopped
- 1 ” piece fresh ginger, peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 red chilies
- 4 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Zanzibar curry powder
- 4 tbsps. sunflower oil
- 8 oz. podded fresh peas
- salt to taste
- handful coriander leaves, chopped
- Boil the eggs until hard boiled. Remove from the pan and immerse in cold water. When cool, peel and cut in half and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor pulp the onions, ginger, garlic and chili until smooth and remove from the blender.
- Blend the tomatoes and Zanzibar curry powder until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a large wok. When hot add the onion mixture and fry for 2 minutes. Add the blended tomato and spice mix and one cup of water.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer gently until the oil returns and the sauce is reduced.
- Add the peas, eggs and salt to taste, then simmer for a further 5 minutes. Garnish with coriander and serve with rice or fried potatoes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0