Yoina Schimmel’s Potato Kugel
- 3 lb Idaho Potatoes 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 4 Eggs 1/4 Cup Onion, Grated
- 1/3 Cup Potato Flour 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Coarsely grate the potatoes into a large bowl filled with ice water. Let stand for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.Grease the inside of the (1 1/2 quart) baking dish.Drain the potatoes.Pat dry.
- Use the large bowl of an electric mixer running at high sped to beat the eggs until they are thick and light.
- Stir in the potatoes, potato flour, salt, baking powder, pepper, onions and half the melted butter. Mix well.Turn into the prepared baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Brush the top with melted butter.
- Bake, brushing the top with melted butter every 10 minutes, until the top is crusty and golden brown (roughly 45 minutes longer).
Share & Print
0 0 100 0