Yam Wunsen Sai Mu (Noodle Soup With Pork)
FOR THE SOUP:
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 4 cups soup stock
- 2 ounces of wunsen (cellophane noodles), soaked in warm water
- for about 15 minutes.
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 cup sliced phak bung (swamp cabbage — ordinary cabbage or
- kale will do as a replacement)
- 2 spring onions (green onions/scallions) thinly sliced,
- including the green segment).
- 1/4 cup phak chi (whole coriander plant – including the root), chopped
- 1 teaspoon (approx) Prik Thai (ground black pepper)
FOR THE MARINADE:
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Maggi sauce
- tablespoon minced garlic
- teaspoon prik Thai (ground black pepper)
- teaspoon rice flour (or cornstarch)
- Mix the marinade ingredients, mix with the ground pork, and make the pork into small meat balls, then set aside and leave to marinate for 3 or 4 hours.
- Soak and drain the noodles.
- Bring the stock to a boil and add all the ingredients except the noodles, and continue to boil until the meatballs are cooked through, when they will float.
- Remove from the heat, pour into a serving bowl and add the noodles
Share & Print
0 0 100 0