Winter Tomato Pie
- 2 prebaked 9-in refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 (28-oz) cans whole tomatoes, drained, chopped and juice pressed out
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups (12-oz) grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Divide ingredients evenly between the two pie crusts as follows
- Cover bottom of crusts with drained and pressed tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and basil. Sprinkle onions on top.
- Combine cheese and mayonnaise.
- Cover pies loosely but completely with the mixture, spreading mayonnaise mixture with fingers. Do not press this mixture down.
- When baked, the light and fluffy mayonnaise and cheese mixture will be similar in texture to a quiche.
- Bake pies at 350º for 30 to 35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown. Remove from oven and let set 20 to 30 minutes before slicing
Share & Print
0 0 100 0