Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
STEP BY STEP:
- Combine the water, yeast, and all-purpose flour in a large bowl. Mix well. Add the whole-wheat flour, oil, and salt.
- With hands or a large wooden spoon, work the ingredients together until the dough holds its shape. You may need a bit less flour, so add the whole-wheat flour gradually.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until it is smooth and elastic, 5 minutes. If the dough becomes sticky while you are kneading it, sprinkle a bit more all-purpose flour over it.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled 2-quart bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel, and let the dough rest until it has doubled in size, 1 hour.
- When the dough has risen, place it on a lightly floured surface, divide it into two or more parts , and roll them into balls. Cover them with a towel and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- The dough is now ready to be shaped, topped and cooked.