- 2-1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup Crisco
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- grated rind of 1 lemon, the yellow part only
- grated rind of 1 orange, the orange part only
- 3 pounds ricotta cheese
- 1 cup cooked wheat grain
- 1/2 cup citron
- First make a piecrust by blending flour and Crisco. Add 1/2 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 1 tsp. vanilla extract and orange and lemon rind. Blend well and roll flat on floured cutting board. Place in a 10 by 13 inch by 2 inch deep baking pan and set aside.
- To make filling, separate remaining 6 eggs and beat egg whites until they form soft perks. Set aside. Beat egg yolks well and add 1 tsp. vanilla extract, ricotta cheese, 2 cups sugar, grain and citron. Blend well and slowly fold in egg whites. Carefully pour into piecrust and bake at 400º for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 and bake 40 minutes more until light and golden brown.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0