Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup
- 1/4 lb Dried rice noodles
- 1/4 lb Beef sirloin or Round steak
- 4 cups Beef stock
- 3 Tbs Fish sauce (nuoc mam)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs Coriander, shredded
- 2 Tbs Hot chili sauce
- 1/2 cup Fresh bean sprouts
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges
- Fresh basil leaves
- Fresh mint leaves
- Soak the dried rice noodles in a bowl of warm water for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Slice the partially frozen sirloin or round steak against the grain into thin slices. Set aside.
- Heat 4 cups of beef stock to a boil. Add the fish sauce and black pepper. Reduce heat and simmer.
- In another saucepan, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Drop the rice noodles into the water for 3 minutes. Drain, then divide the noodles among 4 large soup bowls.
- Divide the beef slices among the four bowls. Ladle a portion of hot beef stock into each bowl (this will cook the meat).
- Garnish with the sliced green onions.
- At the table, have an assortment of condiments available, including the sliced onions and coriander served in the hot chili sauce, basil and mint leaves, lime wedges, and bean sprouts
Share & Print
0 0 100 0