Very Cherry Pie
- 4 cups frozen unsweetened tart cherries
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- Pastry for double -crust 9-inch pie
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Combine frozen cherries, dried cherries, sugar, tapioca and almond extract in large mixing bowl. Mix well. Let cherry mixture stand 15 minutes.
- Line 9-inch pie plate with pastry, fill with cherry mixture. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Dot with butter. Cover with top crust, cutting slits for stream to escape.
- Bake in preheated 375º oven for one hour
Share & Print
0 0 100 0