Velvet Chicken & Sweet Corn Soup
- 8 ozs Boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4″ strips
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups peanut oil
- 1 17-oz can creamed corn
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- sesame oil
- Cut the chicken and pat dry on paper towels.
- Combine the beaten egg whites, cornstarch and salt. Add chicken, stir well, till chicken is well coated. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a saucepan or wok to between 280ºF and 300ºF, no hotter. Deep fry the chicken strips in the oil just until they are barely tender. They will not brown.
- Heat the creamed corn along with the chicken stock and light soy. When hot add the chicken and season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Add the sesame drops to garnish and serve.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0