Vegetable Eggplant Soup
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 medium turnip, finely chopped
- 8 cups chicken stock, water or a combination
- 1 (14-1/2 oz) can tomatoes, coarsely chopped, including juice
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a heavy large pot over low heat, cook the garlic, onion, carrots, celery, eggplant and turnip until they being to soften, about 5 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add stock or other liquid. Over high heat, bring liquid to a boil and skim off any gray foam that rises to the surface. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Add herbs, pepper and salt.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0