- 1-1/2 lbs. boneless veal cutlets for scallopini
- white pepper
- white, all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 T olive oil
- 3 1/2 T butter
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala Wine
- 3 T finely chopped parsley
- Trim any fat and sinews from meat and pound until almost paper thin for veal, less than 1/4 inch thick for chicken (which is more brittle) Sprinkle both sides liberally with salt and pepper and lightly with flour; pat down.
- Heat butter and olive oil on “high” in a large, heavy skillet. When hot, add cutlets and sauté until lightly browned on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Add half the wine to the pan, scraping bottom and sides of pan well to deglaze (use a spatula). Cook a couple of minutes, stirring until sauce is greatly reduced, then add the other half of the wine.
- Continue cooking a moment or two, stirring; taste and add a little extra wine if you wish. Return meat to pan, turning and rearranging so meat becomes hot through.
- Arrange meat on platter with sauce over it, garnished with the chopped parsley. Good with rice, buttered pasta or boiled potatoes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0