Upside-Down Apple Pie
- 1/4 c butter
- 1/2 c pecan halves
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- Plain pastry for 2 crust 9″ pie
- 5 large tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 T flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Spread butter evenly on bottom and sides of 9″ pie plate. Press nuts, rounded side down, into butter on bottom of plate. Pat brown sugar evenly over nuts.
- Roll out pastry for bottom crust. Place in pie plate over sugar. Sprinkle apples with juice.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and dash of salt. Toss with apples. Turn into pie plate. Spread evenly to keep top level.
- Roll out remaining pasty. Adjust over apples and seal. Prick top of pie with fork.
- Bake 400° for 50 minutes. Remove from oven; cool 5 minutes
- Place serving plate atop pie. Invert.
- Carefully remove pie plate. Serve warm or cool.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0