- 1 small Onion, Peeled & 1 tsp Chile Powder Quartered
- 3 Tbls Oil
- 3 Anaheim Chiles, 4 Corn Tortillas, CutnRoasted & Peeled Into 1/2″ Squares
- 2 small Tomatoes, Cored & 1 oz Butter
- Quartered – Cilantro
- 5 LARGE Eggs
- Avocado Slices
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- Coarsely chop the onion along with the chiles. Cut the tomatoes into chunks. Drain the tomatoes. Set aside. Beat the eggs with the salt, pepper and chile powder.
- Heat the oil in a large (12″) skillet until very hot. Fry the tortilla pieces in batches, stirring and turning until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Drain off all but 1 teaspoon of the oil from the skillet. Add the butter. Saute the onion and chiles until the onion is translucent (about 3 minutes). Add the tomatoes, eggs and fried tostadas (tortilla pieces).
- Stir and agitate the pan until the eggs are softly scrambled.
- Serve immediately garnished with cilantro and topped with avocado slices.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0