- 1 pound lamb (or beef), cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves pressed garlic
- 1 pound turnip, skinned and quartered
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or a sweet syrup of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In 2-quart saucepan sauté lamb (or beef) in oil over medium heat. Add garlic, stir for 5 minutes.
- Add turnips, sauté for 10 minutes, stir from time to time.
- Add tomato sauce, chopped tomatoes, water, vinegar, sugar (or a sweet syrup of your choice) and salt, cook on medium heat until turnips are tender. If stew become too thick and the turnips are still not cooked, add more water.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0