- 1 turkey carcass
- 4 quarts water
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 3 chopped onions
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 medium red potatoes, diced
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounce-package Neufchatel cheese (cream cheese)
- Place turkey carcass and water in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour. Remove carcass from broth and pick meat from bones.
- Set broth and meat aside. Measure broth; add water (or chicken broth) to broth, if necessary, to measure 3 quarts.
- Heat butter in Dutch oven; add flour, and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir chopped onions, carrots, celery, and potatoes into roux; cook over medium heat 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add reserved 3 quarts broth, turkey, rice, salt and pepper; bring mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add cheese which has been cut up into chunks. Cook chowder until thoroughly heated and all cheese is melted.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0