Tropical Orange Cookies
1/2 cup shortening or butter
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup orange juice
Grated rind of 1 orange
2 1/2 cups sifted flour
4 teaspoons Rumford Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup moist shredded coconut
1. Cream shortening, add sugar gradually, creaming until light and fluffy.
2. Add egg and beat well.
3. Add orange juice and rind; blend thoroughly.
4. Sift flour, Rumford Baking Powder, and salt together; add to creamed mixture, mixing thoroughly.
5. Drop by spoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet.
6. Brush tops lightly with water, sprinkle with finely grated coconut, then with granulated sugar.
7. Bake in a moderate oven (375°F.) 10-12 minutes.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.