- 2 pounds honeycomb tripe
- 1 (1-1/2-pound) veal knuckle
- 6 cups water
- 3 medium onions, chopped (1-1/2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can hominy
- Pequin chiles or crushed red pepper Lime wedges
- Cut tripe into 1-inch pieces. Place in a dutch oven with veal knuckle, water, onions, garlic, salt, coriander, oregano, the 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, and pepper. Simmer, covered, for 3 hours till tripe has a clear, jelly-like appearance and veal is very tender.
- Remove veal knuckle from pot. When cool enough to handle, discard bones; chop meat and return to soup. Add undrained hominy; cover and simmer 20 minutes longer.
- Serve with pequin chiles or crushed red pepper to taste. Garnish with lime wedges.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0