Traditional Chicken Stroganoff
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 jars (4 1/2 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 1/2 C. chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
- pepper to taste
- 2 T. flour
- 1 C. sour cream
- hot cooked noodles
- additional paprika, optional
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 T drippings; set bacon aside.
- In the drippings, cook chicken, onion and mushrooms till the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the broth, garlic, salt, paprika, pepper and bacon. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine flour and sour cream until smooth. Add to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over noodles.
- Sprinkle with paprika if desired
Share & Print
0 0 100 0