Traditional Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon soda
- 5 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk Sift flour, salt, baking powder, and soda into bowl. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add buttermilk, all at once, and stir only until dough follows fork around bowl.
- Turn out on lightly floured surface; knead half a minute.Roll out 1/2 inch think and cut with floured biscuit cutter.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet in 450° oven for 12 – 15 minutes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0