Trader Vic’s Nut Rum Pie
• 4 eggs
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 cup light corn syrup
• 1/4 cup melted margarine or butter
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• 2 Tblsp. dark rum
• 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
• 1 cup chopped dates
• Whipped cream
- Prepare pie shell and refrigerate (9″)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs well. Add sugar, corn syrup, butter, vanilla and rum. Beat until well combined. Stir in pecans and dates, mix well.
- Turn into unbaked pie shell. Bake about 40 minutes, or until filling is set in center when pie is gently shaken.
- Cool pie on wire rack. Slightly chill before serving. Top with whipped cream.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0