Touchdown Tomato-Basil Soup
- 2 large onions, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tsps. olive oil
- 2 cups chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsps. fresh basil, chopped and divided – 1 cup low sodium tomato sauce
- 4 cups fat-free vegetable broth
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsps. grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium stockpot, sauté onions and garlic in oil over medium heat until tender.
- Add chickpeas and 1 tbsp. of basil and sauté 1 minute. Add tomato sauce, broth, and tomatoes.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining basil a few minutes before serving. Top with Parmesan cheese
Share & Print
0 0 100 0