- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 large potatoes cut in 1/8 ” slices
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs
- Heat the oil in a 9″skillet and add the potato slices one at a time. Alternate potato layers with onion slices and salt layers lightly.
- Cook slowly over a medium flame, lifting and turning the potatoes occasionally until they are tender but not brown.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs until slightly foamy. Salt to taste.
- Remove the potatoes from the skillet and drain in a colander. Reserve about 3 tbsps. oil.
- Add the potatoes to the beaten eggs, pressing down so they are covered by the egg. Let the mixture sit for 15 mins.
- Heat the oil until very hot. Add the potato and egg mixture, rapidly spreading it out in the skillet.
- Lower the heat to medium high and shake the pan often. When the potatoes begin to brown underneath, flip over using a plate and slide back into the pan.
- Lower heat to medium. Flip omelette two or three more times, cooking briefly on each side. It should remain slightly juicy inside.
- Transfer to a plate and serve hot or at room temperature.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0