Topsy-Turvey Apple Pie
Glaze and Crust:
• 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
• 1 Tbsp melted marg.
• 1 Tbsp corn syrup
• 1/4 Cup pecan halves
• 15-z pkg refrigerated pie crusts (not frozen)
• 1 tsp flour
• 2/3 Cup sugar
• 2 Tbsp flour
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 4 Cups sliced peeled apples
- In a 9″ pie pan, combine brown sugar, marg and corn syrup. Spread evenly over bottom of pan. Arrange pecans over mixture in pan.
- Prepare pie crust according to package directions for 2 crust pie. Place bottom crust over mixture in pan. Heat oven to 425 degrees
- In small bowl, combine sugar, 2 Tbsp flour and cinnamon. Mix.
- Arrange half of apple slices in pie crust-lined pan. Sprinkle with half of sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining apple slices and sugar mixture. Top with second crust, seal and flute. Cut several slits
- Bake at 425 for 8 minutes
- Reduce temp to 375 deg and bake 25 to 35 min or until apples are tender and top is golden brown. Loosen edges of the pie and turn out onto serving plate, upside down