- 4 c Tomatoes, fresh or canned, crushed
- 1 c Tomato juice
- 2 T Dillweed, fresh (or 1T dry)
- 1 c Half-n-half, no-fat
- 2 T Onion, minced
- 2 cl Garlic, minced
- 2 T Olive oil
- 2 T Butter
- 2 Bouillon, chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onions and garlic in butter/olive oil blend over medium heat until softened, about 6 minutes. Add tomatoes, bouillon cubes, dill, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir to dissolve bouillon cubes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Place liquid in blender or food processor (you’ll have to do it in batches).
- Return mixture to pan and add half-n-half and gently reheat.
- Garnish with a small spoonful of sour cream and a fresh dill sprig. Add buttered croutons if desired.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0