Tom Kha Kai (Chicken Soup with Coconut Milk)
- 16 fluid ounces soup broth (chicken stock) or water
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, rolled to crack them to release the
- flavour, but otherwise intact
- 2 inch piece lemon grass, bruised to release flavor
- 1 in cube galangal (“kha”) sliced thinly.
- 4 tablespoon fish sauce (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (or to taste)
- 4 oz chicken breast cut into smallish bite sized pieces
- 5 fluid ounces coconut milk
- small red chillies, slightly crushed.
- coriander (cilantro) leaves to garnish.
- Heat the stock, add the lime leaves, lemon grass, galangal, fish sauce, and lime juice. Stir thoroughly, bring to a boil, add the chicken and coconut milk, bring back to the boil, lower the heat to keep it simmering and cook for about 2 minutes (unitl the chicken is cooked through).
Share & Print
0 0 100 0