- 2 medium red potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 cups fresh broccoli and/or cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1 Vegetarian Vegetable Bouillon Cube
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
- MICROWAVE potatoes and parsnip in covered, medium, microwave-safe casserole dish on HIGH (100%) power for 9 minutes; drain. Return to dish; top with broccoli.
- MELT 2 tablespoons butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk, bouillon, and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until bouillon dissolves and sauce is slightly thickened. Pour sauce over vegetables.
- MICROWAVE remaining butter in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 10 to 20 seconds or until melted.
- Stir in breadcrumbs until combined. Sprinkle over vegetables; cover.
- BAKE for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake for additional 10 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0