The Super Snack: Peanut Butter Churches!!
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup margarine, softened
1 Tablespoon shortening
1 Tablespoon egg substitue
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
*Peanut Butter Icing:
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon creamy peanut butter or chuncky
3 teaspoons milk
1. Mix sugars, peanut butter, margarine, shortening, and egg.
2. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3.Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
5. separate dough in half.
6. Roll 1/2 of the dough to 1/8-inch thickness on lightly floured surface.
7. Cut cookies out with ” Church” cookie cutter.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 with second half of dough.
9. Place on UN-GREASED tray.
10. Bake 6-8 min.
11. Let cool.
Make about 2 dozen
*Cover with peanut butter icing.
Recipe submitted by our friend Britany, of Park Rapids, MN