Thai Neua Yang (Charcoal Broiled Beef In Hot/Sweet Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sweet soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of shallots (purple onions) sliced very thinly
- 1/2 tablespoon of palm sugar (or honey)
- 1/2 tablespoon of prik phom (powdered dried red chilis)
- 1 tablespoon of sliced spring onion/scallion/green onion, incl. tops
- 1 teaspoon bai chi (coriander/cilantro leaf) chopped.
- Combine the ingredients to make the sauce. Taste and if required add extra sugar/honey, lime juice and/or prik phom.
- Barbecue half a pound of steak to whatever “doneness” you prefer, then slice into slices an eighth of an inch thick, and then cut the slices into bite sized pieces. Place on the lettuce, and pour the sauce over the steak.
Note: You can substitute sauteed onion for the shallots if they are unavailable.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0