- 10 slices English muffin toasting bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3/4 lb. bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
- 2 C. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 oz. process American cheese, cubed
- 5 eggs
- 2 C. milk
- 1 C. salsa
- Place half the bread cubes in a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish; set remaining bread aside.
- In a skillet cook sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender. Drain. Stir in chilies.
- Spoon half of mixture over bread; top with half of each cheese. Repeat layers of bread, sausage mixture and cheese.
- In a bowl, lightly beat eggs. Stir in milk and salsa. Pour over cheese, cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight
- Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before baking. Bake uncovered at 325º for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0