- 1 basic meat filling
- 1 dozen large corn tortillas
- 12 – 15 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 bunches green onions, sliced fine
- Picante sauce (12 ounces)
- 1 can pitted ripe olives, sliced
Soften tortillas by turning over in hot oil. Layer small amount of meat in bottom of oiled baking pan to keep tortilas from sticking. Layer tortilas, meat, cheese, onions and olives; using a large spoon, dip Picante sauce over all. Continue layering until all ingredients are used, reserving some cheese for topping. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 – 45 minutes, uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese in last part of cooking time. Serve with chopped tomatoes and sour cream.