- 1/2-pound tiny shelled cooked shrimp
- 1-cup mayonnaise
- 4-ounces Swiss cheese shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1/3-cup chopped scallions
- 1-tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2-tsp chopped fresh dill or 1/2 tsp dried
- Dash of cayenne
- 42 slices of petit cocktail rye
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, mayonnaise, cheese, scallions, lemon juice, dill, and cayenne. If made in advance, cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 450 ºF. Top each bread slice with about 1 tbsp of shrimp mixture and arrange in a single layer on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake until topping is golden brown and bubbly, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve at once.
Note: The topping can be made a day in advance if covered well and stored in the refrigerator. Spread over the rye bread shortly before baking to prevent sogginess.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0