Sweet Potato Muffins
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups canned sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggsCombine:
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
STEP BY STEP:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease muffin tins (or insert paper liners). Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs and mix well. Blend in sweet potatoes. Separately, sift the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add flour mixture to the sweet potato mixture, alternately with milk. Do not overmix. Fold in nuts.
- Fill the muffin tins 2/3 full. Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Can be frozen for 6-8 weeks in plastic storage bags.