Superb, Basic Meat Sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
- 3 (14-ounce) cans choice diced tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- Cook onion and garlic in olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until onion and garlic are beginning to turn golden.
- Add meat to onions and garlic and brown. Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium, and cook uncovered for 20 minutes or until most of the excess liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally.
- Remove and discard bay leaves before serving.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0