Stuffed French Toast with Fresh Berry Topping
- 2 cups mixed fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and/or blackberries)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup lowfat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 slices (about 3/4-inch thick) French bread, divided
- Vegetable oil, butter, or margarine
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Maple syrup, heated (optional)
- COMBINE berries and granulated sugar in small bowl. Combine ricotta cheese and strawberry preserves in small bowl; mix well. Combine eggs, evaporated milk, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in pie plate or shallow bowl; mix well.
- SPREAD ricotta-preserve mixture evenly over 6 slices of bread. Top with remaining slices to form sandwiches.
- HEAT small amount of vegetable oil in large, nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, coating both sides. Cook on each side for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- SPRINKLE with powdered sugar; top with berries. Serve with maple syrup.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0