Split Pea Soup CP
- 1 lb. split peas
- 2 or 3 smoked (or not) ham hocks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 quarts water
- Sauté onion, garlic and celery until wilted. Add salt, pepper, split peas, water & ham hocks in crockpot.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, turn to low and cook for another 8 or 9 hours or until meat and beans are done.
- Remove meat from bone and discard fat, bone and rind. Cut or shred into fine pieces and return to soup.
- Adjust seasonings if necessary. Cover for a few minutes to allow meat to get hot again.Serve with hard rolls
Share & Print
0 0 100 0