- 1 pound fresh spinach
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms
- 1 small can sliced water chestnuts
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar (cider or white wine)
- Wash and air dry spinach; place in ziplock bag in refrigerator until cold.
- Cook bacon until crisp and set aside. Chop egg into medium-sized pieces. Wash, dry and slice mushrooms. Use cold water chestnuts.
In small bowl combine oil and next 5 ingredients. Whisk until all sugar is dissolved; chill until serving.
- Gently tear spinach leaves into bite-sized pieces. Add egg, mushrooms, and water chestnuts. Just before serving crumble bacon atop salads and drizzle with dressing.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0