Spinach with Poached eggs, Kabanos & Bacon
- 4 oz. baby spinach leaves, washed
- 4 large, very fresh eggs
- 3 oz. smoked kabanos sausage
- 4 rashers smoked back bacon
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 2 oz. open mushrooms
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 3 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsps. dry sherry
- 1½ tbsps. sherry vinegar
- black pepper
- Chop the onions, mushrooms, sausages and bacon rashers into ½ ” pieces.
- Cut the bread into croutons the same size. arrange the spinach on two large plates.
- Poach the eggs. Put a frying pan over a gentle heat and fill with boiling water to 1 ” depth.
- Keep the heat gentle and soon you will see tiny bubbles forming on the base of the pan. Break the eggs into the pan one at a time.
- Let them barely simmer for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and let the eggs sit for eight minutes.
- While the eggs are sitting in the hot water take a medium sized heavy based frying pan and heat 1 tbsp. of the oil until very hot.
- Fry the croutons, tossing them around in the pan, until they are crisp and golden brown- about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and let it get hot. Add the prepared bacon, onion and sausage.
- Toss around keeping the heat high to make everything brown and toasted at the edges.
- After four minutes add the mushrooms and toss for a further two minutes.
- Season with pepper, add the sherry and sherry vinegar and give it a few seconds to bubble and reduce.
- Drain the eggs and put on top of the spinach. Pour the contents of the frying pan over everything and scatter with the croutons.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0