Spinach and Egg Kari
- 6 oz. baby spinach leaves
- 4 large eggs
- 1 jar Bengali Hot & Sour Kari Sauce
- 1 ds groundnut oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled & chopped
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded & finely sliced
- ½ small red onion, peeled & sliced
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- cayenne pepper & salt
- Place a medium sized saucepan over a highest heat.
- Add the oil then as soon as it is hot adding the onion.
- Cook, stirring from time to time, and let it soften and begin to caramelize at the edges. Turn heat to medium.
- After about 8 minutes add the Kari sauce.
- As soon as it reaches simmering point turn heat to low and cook gently for about 10 minutes.
- Combine the tomatoes, red onion and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with a little salt and cayenne.
- Hard boil the eggs according to your preferred method, then plunge into cold water and peel when cool enough to handle.
- When the curry sauce is ready stir in the spinach leaves and cover.
- Cook for about two minutes until they wilt and soften.
- Halve the eggs and lay them on top of the sauce. Put the lid back on and cook for a further minute.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0