Spicy Pumpkin Raisin Bread
1 Loaf or 20 Slices
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
161 Calories per Slice
- 1-1/2 cups fresh pumpkin, cooked & pur�ed, or canned, solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup honey, maple syrup, or sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter or corn oil
- 1/2 cup milk (2%)
- 1/2 cup raisins or currants
- 1/2 cup black walnuts or butternuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
STEP BY STEP:
- Preheat oven to 350�F degrees.
- Place the pumpkin pur�e in a medium-sized bowl and add the honey, melted butter and beaten eggs, stirring well with each addition.
- Stir in the milk, then add the raisins or currants, and chopped nuts.
- Measure dry ingredients into a large bowl and make a big well in the center.
- Carefully pour in the blended wet ingredients, stirring carefully and blending well without over-working the batter.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased 6 x 9-inch loaf pan or a greased 2-pound coffee can.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove to cooling rack for 10 minutes, then slide a clean table knife blade around the edges of the loaf to loosen it.
- Turn the steaming loaf onto a board or wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve hot or wrap up & serve days later for great flavor & fragrance.