Spicy Peanut Sauce for Satay
- 1 cup Thick coconut milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoonRed curry paste
- 3/4 cup Thin coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon Light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Tamarind water
- 1/4 cup Ground unsalted dry roasted-peanuts or
- 3 tablespoon creamy-peanut butter
- In a pan, heat the thick coconut milk over low heat and cook until it thickens and becomes oily around the edges. Increase the heat. Add the curry paste and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, being careful not to burn.
- There will be a noticeable color and odor change as the mixture becomes properly cooked.
- Add the thin coconut milk gradually. Stir. Season with sugar, and tamarind water. Add the ground peanuts. Stir.
- Serve as a dipping sauce. The sauce will become spicier and thicker as it stands.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0