- 3/4- cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2-garlic cloves, minced
- 1-tbsp olive oil
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 2 1/4-ounce can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4-cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2-tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/4-tsp salt
- 1/4-tsp ground cumin
- 1/8-tsp cayenne
- 1 1/2-cups shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (about 6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 325 ºF. In a medium frying pan, cook scallions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until softened but not browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs until well blended. Add chiles, olives, bread crumbs, cilantro, salt, cumin, and cayenne. Mix well. Stir in cheese and cooked scallions and garlic. Pour mixture into a greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake until a knife inserted into center shows no evidence of runny egg, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool on a rack at least 10 minutes. (If made in advance, cover and refrigerate up to 2 days).
- Cut into 1×2 inch pieces. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0