Spicy Italian Soup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (13-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed; or 1-1/2 cups cooked dry packaged beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 package (16 ounces) frozen Italian vegetables
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) small pasta shells
- 1 cup loosely packed salad spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onion, pepper, garlic and red pepper in oil in large saucepan until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in beef broth, water, beans, tomatoes, Italian vegetables and basil. Heat to boiling. Add pasta and simmer, uncovered, until vegetables and pasta are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir spinach into soup; simmer 1 to 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0