Spiced Apple Ring
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 2/3 cups cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring — optional
- 4 whole cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 4 pounds Golden or Red Delicious apples — peeled and cored
- Prepare 4 pint-sized canning jars in hot water bath.
- In a large pan, combine sugar, vinegar, food coloring, cinnamon, and cloves. Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
- Slice apples crosswise into rings about 1/3-inch thick. Add apples to simmering syrup mixture and cook, turning occasionally until apples get barely tender and begin to turn translucent around the edges; about 6-8 minutes.
- Fill jars and seal. Let stand at least one week before using.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0