Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1/2 cup whole soybeans or 1/2 cup cotyledons
- 1/4 tsp and later one pinch
- 1 tbsp sugar
- one pinch salt
- flavors as desired
STEP BY STEP:
- Clean whole soybeans or cotyledons by removing dirt and damaged soybeans. Drop soybeans directly into three cups boiling water containing 1/4 teaspoon. baking soda and blanch for five minutes.
- Drain and rinse with hot water.
- Drop the soybeans directly into three cups boiling water containing one pinch baking soda and blanch for five minutes. Drain and rinse with hot water.
- Grind the blanched cotyledons or whole beans with three cups hot water (almost boiling) for three minutes using blender setting at high speed.
- Cool till warm to touch and filter through cheese cloth by squeezing.
- Simmer soymilk on a stove for 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally. Add salt, sugar and flavors as desired. Refrigerate.
- Serve hot or cold.
Makes approximately three cups of soymilk. Flavors may be added according to preference. The recipe may be doubled or more. The residue from milk is called okara. Okara can be used for baking products and pasta. Okara should be put in a refrigerator for use in a few days or in a freezer for future use.