Southern Cornbread Dressing (Low-Cal)
- Southern Cornbread
- 1 tb Margarine
- 1 1/4 c Onions, chopped
- 1 1/4 c Celery, chopped
- 2 tb Water
- 1 1/4 ts Poultry seasoning
- 1 ts Rubbed sage
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Pepper
- 3 c White bread, cubed (about 6 -slices)
- 2 1/2 c Low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 c Fresh parsley, finely choppd
- 1 Egg
- Vegetable spray
- Melt Margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, celery and water. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir in Poultry seasoning, sage, salt and pepper. Combine crumbled cornbread, onion mixture, bread cubes, chicken broth, parsley and egg in a bowl, and stir well.
- Spoon mixture into a 2 quarts casserole coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.
- 1 c All-purpose flour
- 3/4 c Yellow cornmeal
- 2 ts Baking Powder
- 2 ts Sugar
- 1/8 ts Salt
- 1 c Skim milk
- 2 tb Apple sauce
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- Vegetable Cooking spray
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl; stir well. Combine milk, oil and egg; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into an 8-inch square pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0