Southern Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 1 pkg. (4-oz.) Baker’s German’s sweet chocolate
- 3 Tblsp. butter or margarine
- 1 tsp. instant coffee
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- Coffee flavored topping
- Melt chocolate with butter in saucepan over very low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Stir in coffee. Remove from heat.
- Combine sugar and syrup in saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat and boil gently for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Add chocolate mixture. Pour slowly over eggs, stirring constantly. Stir in vanilla and pecans. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes, or until filling is completely puffed across top. Cool.
- Garnish with Coffee-Flavored Topping and pecan halves, if desired.
- Combine 1 tsp. instant coffee, 1 Tblsp. sugar, 1/4 tsp. vanilla & 1/2 cup heavy cream in small bowl. Beat just until soft peaks form.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0