Som Tam ISan (Papaya Salad)
- 1 ea papaya (paw-paw) julienned.
- equal quantity of red prik ki nu (birdseye or dynamite chilis). These are normally de-stalked, cut in four length-wise then in half cross-wise.
- 8-10 cloves of garlic, chopped coarsely,
- 2 tomatoes sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup of long beans cut into 1″ pieces (Thai long beans if possible)
- pn salt
- 2 teaspoons of fish sauce
- 1 quart cup of tamarind juice
- 2 tablespoons of juice from pickled mud-fish
- Sprinkle the julienned papaya with salt and let stand for half an hour or so, then squeeze and discard any fluid. add the chili, and pound in a mortar and pestle, add the remaining ingredients except the tomato, and pound until mixed and tender.
- Add the tomato, and serve with a bowl of sticky rice.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0