Soft Set Eggs with Shrimps & Spinach
- 8 oz. baby spinach
- 6 tbsps. butter
- 2 slices bread, crusts removed & cut into 4 triangles
- 16 medium prawns, shelled
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsps. milk
- freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the spinach well and drain in a colander.
- Put in a saucepan with a little salt. Cover and cook over a medium heat for about five minutes. Drain well
- In a small skillet heat 4 tbsps. butter.
- Sauté the bread triangles over a low flame until golden and crisp. Keep warm.
- Half fill a large saucepan with water for use as a double boiler. Bring water to the boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Melt remaining butter in a small saucepan. Add the prawns and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl with the milk, salt and pepper.
- Add the eggs to the pan with the prawns and put inside the larger pan of boiling water.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the eggs begin to set.
- Mix the spinach in gently and continue cooking and stirring until the eggs are set but still quite soft.
- Serve with the bread triangles around the sides of the dish.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0