Smokey Bean and Cabbage Soup
- 2-1/2 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-in thick slices
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and chopped (1 cup)
- 2 (15-oz) cans navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp dried marjoram leaves
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups water
- 1 (1-lb) smoked ham shank, trimmed of fat
- In 3-1/2 qt or 4-quart crockpot, combine all ingredients except ham shank.Stir gently to mix. Add ham shank. Cover. Cook on Low setting for at least 10 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove and discard bay lead. Remove ham shank. Cool slightly. Remove meat from bone. Coarsely chop. Add meat to soup.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0